HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Joe Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 17:10:01 +0000
Thank you all for the many interesting replies. Unfortunately I did not
make myself clear as to the nature of my problem. I am trying to use ftp to
transfer spool files from an HP3K to a network server. I do need the
CCTL character which is in the first position of each record. What I do
*not* need are the 7 additional characters which appear in "front" of the
CCTL character at the destination end of the transfer. It has been
suggested, and looks to me to be the case, that ftp opens a file of type
OUTSP in a "raw" mode, and some characters which were not meant to
be "seen" become "visible" in the process. Copying the spool file to a
non-OUTSP type file then transferring the non-OUTSP file is the simplest
work-around. Have a great weekend all!

Joe Alexander   Systems Manager
Biowhittaker, Inc.  Walkersville MD