HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Paul Dorius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Dorius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 14:52:08 -0600
Gavin writes:
         " Of course by this same logic you should have posted to
rec.pets.cats (and
> every other newsgroup in existence) on the grounds that a lot of
> people
> who work with computers also have pets, etc. "

        I may under a mistaken understanding that this list exists to
serve those who are interested in the HP3000 environment & its continued
success, with information relevant to the topic both in specifics (as in
technical resolutions), suggestions and ideas, and as is often the case,
general community babble (like "whatever happened to soandso, dave brown
sitings, and other worthless but nevertheless incessant stuff).

        Less some on this list be accused of owning narrow minds on what
constitutes appropriate topics for the list, can't we all share on this
list as if we ourselves live in glass houses? What may be of little or
no interest to one may offer a solution to another. It takes remarkably
little effort to discard unwanted messages, while finding one jewel can
make the effort worthwhile.

        In the meantime, please, a little less sarcasm. I for one was
better for the suggestions on "how to" post more effectively for
everyone else's benefit.  And while I personally would not want to see
or contribute to this list to become an ongoing "unpaid commercial
message" board, sometimes "vendors" can make valuable contributions,
including information regarding their HP3000 based products and
services.

        IMHO & My $.02 on several recent diatribes.

        Paul Dorius