HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 22:38:10 -0400
Thanks to support from Joe Geiser at CSI, we will be testing a new
Netnews gateway between HP3000-L and comp.sys.hp.mpe.  The test will be
conducted over the next few days, monitored closely from both ends.  If
all goes well, we should have a responsive usenet gateway to replace the
overloaded legacy one at American University.

There is the possibility of some message duplication due to the presence
of two gateways, so please bear with us.  We don't expect loops,
although the worst-case scenario where neither Joe or I are paying
attention and it does loop, Listserv will stop processing postings if
the 100 messages/day loop detection threshold is passed.

Assuming success of the test, I will try to have the American gateway
removed and we'll cross-post happily ever after.  Cross your fingers :-)

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>