HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:18:05 +0200
At 10:47 23.07.98 +0000, you wrote:
>Anyone know some mystical incantation we could perform to get HP's ftp
>to transfer the spool files unmolested? (Animal sacrifice is *not* an
>option)

No idea how FTP opens spoolfiles, maybe some "raw" mode that makes the
(optional) CCTL info or even other internal spoolfile block format fields
"visible" (similar to PRINTSPF)... but you might want to try -ahem-

 :smbclient "\\yourPC\netDrive yourPasswd -c 'put /HPSPOOL/OUT/xxx pcFile'"

and see if this matches your needs (even if it's not FTP) -- but I guess
it will not be able to transfer the CCTL column, so if that's needed on
the PC side, someone else might help with an FTP trick or similar...

Lars (didn't really plug Samba/iX this time :-)