HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]@-log####-nmlg####;show=offline;keep;create;olddate

I prefer to have my directory intact before restoreing any other files.

In both cases, you want ;show=offline to ensure you have an audit trail of
everything as well as having the restore process being displayed in
progress to the console - or wherever the restore was issue from. Nothing
is more frustrating than the listing disappearing off the top of the
screen, or not showing [...]39_27Jul199815:48:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 23 Jul 1998 09:32:51 -0700
cc:Mail (50 lines)
Hi,

I would use one of the followings :

1- change the cierror message fence :
example :

:showvar hpmsgfence
HPMSGFENCE = 0
:reset x
           ^
FILE command not found. (CIWARN 362)
:setvar hpmsgfence,2
:reset x
:comment no error is displayed
:setvar hpmsgfence,0

2- If the file equation points to an existing file then
    use finfo to check for file equation:
example

:build y
:file x = y
:if finfo("*X","exists") then
*** EXPRESSION TRUE
:reset x
:endif

I hope this helps

Michael Abootorab

Leonard Berkowitz wrote :

I am looking for a method of checking whether a particular file equation is
in effect so that I would issue the RESET command only then. Now, if I
issue the RESET command and there is no file equation, the result is:

RESET LIST
      ^
FILE command not found. (CIWARN 362)

Thanks,