HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 4

From:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:15:26 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Michael P. Smith
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Some time ago Tivoli stopped by our site to let us know that they were going
>to help us with our MIS problems on the HP/3000.  After the meeting I wrote
>the following parody.
>
>-------------------
>
>Dealings with the "Tivoli Real Estate Agent"

<Shame to snip it, but we must>

ROFL! (I'm glad you didn't mention bathrooms.)

In the UK, we had a lot of cinemas called the 'Tivoli'.

A classic seaside postcard has a courting couple outside such a cinema,
and she is saying: 'Well, if you really want to know, read that sign
backwards'.

But, AJA, why this flurry of postings about Tivoli?
Clearly we don't want any of whatever it is, but why did the salesman
imagine he could interest you in it?
--
Roy Brown               Phone : (01684) 291710     Fax : (01684) 291712
Affirm Ltd              Email : [log in to unmask]