HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 23:45:28 +0200
>Otherwise, take it as just another bug in BULDACCT.

Not sure if I'd immediately agree here...

>>Logged on with AM, I wanted to execute BULDACCT for the logon account only.
>>Why did I get the following result? Even the error message implies that I
>>should be able to execute BULDACCT with AM for the logon account. Thanks.

Not sure if I'd immediately agree here...

>>Executing this command on any account other than the logon account requires
>>system manager capability. (CIERR 725)

Curious as I am, I ran BULDACCT with ;DEBUG and the above error message
results from the attempt to execute "LISTACCT SYS,*passlist;PASS" or alike,
I guess to retrieve the passwords for the !JOB card of BULDJOB# files...

This error message does not say that BULDACCT is supposed to work with AM
capability only (as it is not displayed by BULDACCT but by LISTACCT SYS).

Any hints in BULDACCT documentation or help that it needs less than SM cap??

Lars (just curious)