HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Roy Buzdor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roy Buzdor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:46:41 -0700
Jennifer Downs wrote:

> Has anyone run into this problem and do you have any
> suggestions?
>
> I have a 2934A printer...the indicator light with the
> little phone icon was lit.

In the datacomm menu there are multiple configurations
for the serial port.  As far as I can decipher from the
manual, in the serial interface config, the DTR/CD needs
to be set to HIGH, and the CTS/CB needs to be set to
IGNORE.  This should tell the system that the printer
is connected, and tell the printer that this is a
"direct" line as opposed to a dial-up.  (Of course, that
listing was to connect to a Series III running MPE 3.)

--

Buz          (8

| It is easier for a sage to hide his wisdom than it is for a  |
|   fool to conceal his stupidity.                             |
| This is official written notice:      | My real address is:  |
|   Please remove me from your mailing  |   lnuslad dot dzvg41 |
|   list.                               |    at eds dot com    |