HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Marshall Medoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 17:10:44 -0400
Steve,

I have just been the victim of a hard drive crash on a PC server here.  We
didn't want to lose the data on that hard drive and I remembered a company
that I had seen at a trade show some time before.  The company was OnTrack
Data Recovery, and the display at the show led me to believe that they
could recover data from just about any media in just about any condition.

They happened to have a local office here in the DC Metro Area but they can
do everything via UPS or FEDEX.  Their phone number is 1-800-650-2410.
They are a little pricey, but for us the cost was justified, we had some
unrecoverable things on that Hard drive, which was 99.5 percent recovered.
What wasn't recovered was a file that we didn't need.  Needless to say, I
was very impressed with their work.

I hope this helps.

Marshall Medoff
ITA, Inc.