HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Steve Ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:25:00 -0400
Message Body (11 lines)
Greetings O' knowledgable Ones,
     We had to replace our DAT drive in our 969-200 (surprise, surprise).  It started to mangle tapes at the end of the rewind process.  So now I have a tape with all of our Shop Order History on it and the first 2 inches of the tape is crumpled and there is also a slight tear in it.  Needless to say we cannot mount the tape to FCOPY the file off it.  I have a disk copy of the file that is good up to August of last year, so I only need what ever part of the file that can be recovered after the first 2 inches.  Does any know of a company that might be able to get this file off the tape so I can merge it with the disk copy of the file.

TIA

Steve Ritenour
Raytheon Systems Co.
St. Petersburg, Fl