HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 11:59:23 +0200
At 13:30 17.07.98 -0600, you wrote:
>system abort -200 from subsystem 518 Secondary Status: Info=-37,Subsys=107

Hmmm. I just tried this on my 5.5 PowerPatch 4 system and could create
and delete subdirectories like /APACHE/boom or /APACHE/PUB/htdocs/boom
without a crash (with /APACHE/PUB/htdocs being the default symbolic
link to apache_1.2.5_mpe/htdocs). I'm using a \\my3k\mgr.apache share
based on the [homes] section in smb.conf with "path = %H/.." added to
get access to the parent dir of the MPE user's home group (i.e. all the
groups inside the home account).

You'd probably better take a memory dump in case it happens again (by
accident or at will when other users are not affected) and check with
your RC (as you'd probably not want to send me a dump to Germany ;-)

The only Samba/iX related System Abort I have seen so far was an SA 614
that resulted from SMBD revealing an undetected bug in the file system
code (which only happened to show up under very specific corner-case
conditions related to accessing non-bytestream files in combination with
being close to an account or group filespace limit set by ALTACCT or
ALTGROUP and a PC application lseek()ing beyond the current EOF).

If you have a SAT trace (DPTREE PIN and TR,I,D) you might eMail it to me,
but I cannot promise that it will be sufficient to "guess the cause"...

Lars.