HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 14:33:44 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
I do not know if the lunch is buffet style or sit down.  If it's buffet,
get your food first, by all means.

I really did not mean to create such a commotion with the 7 minutes thing,
 I meant it more in jest than otherwise.  What I suggest you do is be on
time, both for picture taking and for your peace of mind in getting your
seat.  As people show up I will try to check them off the list, or I will
be in the buffet line myself.

The purpose of this luncheon is so people who converse on this list
throughout the year can get to see what they look like and to get to know a
few of them a little better.  There is no agenda, and you really only get
to talk to the folks at your table.  This is due to the venue.

The reason for my publishing the list of reservations is twofold.  1- To
get some idea of the count and thus reserve an appropriate number of
tables.  But reason 2 is even more important.  Showing who is planning to
attend might perhaps spur someone to attend HP World or at least push an
attendee to take a few minutes out of an otherwise busy schedule to spend
some time with people they have been corresponding with over the otherwise
impersonal Internet.

For myself, I really look forward to meeting people I have not met, but
also to see people I only see once or twice a year but with whom I
correspond on- and off-list.  I also try to attend IPROF where there is
perforce a far higher percentage of attendees who are also HP3000-L
members, and it's fun meeting these people for a few days.

HP World is already such a busy place, I cannot think of any other time or
place, during that week, to have an HP3000-L get together.  If someone has
a suggestion, please bring it forward.  It may be too late for this year,
but next year we might be able to do something.

My only regret is that some people do not think it's wirt attending.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .

Denys Beauchemin
HICOMP America, Inc.
(800) 323-8863  (281) 288-7438         Fax: (281) 355-6879
denys at hicomp.com                             www.hicomp.com