HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 15:09:13 -0700
Lee Gunter shares his frustration with us all:

>What I've been told by various managers-and-up in the HP Support
>organization over the past year or so (including at HP World '97) is that
>as of some date (who knows when?) HP will honor those existing support
>contracts which specify CD-ROM updates, but no new agreements with such a
>provision will be written.  We had earlier bought CD-ROM drives for our
>systems in anticipation of the change, and I've tried for two years to get
>CD-ROM/DDS updates written into our contracts, to no avail.  I've been told
>by our support account reps that the CD update option is not available to
>them when they attempted to modify our agreements.
>
>I finally gave up.

I think the universe must be balanced. We oversee a system that got
setup for cd-rom distribution of updates and we kept getting updates
on a cd-rom. Each time we had to call and request a DAT, not being able
to reverse the course of history. I never checked out the cd-rom.

Oh yeah - the system has no CD-ROM ... go figure :-)

Duane Percox ([log in to unmask]  v/650.372.0200x608 f/650.372.3386)
http://www.qss.com/          http://qwebs.qss.com/qwebs
http://qwebs.qss.com/faq3k