HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:57:42 -0700
What I've been told by various managers-and-up in the HP Support
organization over the past year or so (including at HP World '97) is that
as of some date (who knows when?) HP will honor those existing support
contracts which specify CD-ROM updates, but no new agreements with such a
provision will be written.  We had earlier bought CD-ROM drives for our
systems in anticipation of the change, and I've tried for two years to get
CD-ROM/DDS updates written into our contracts, to no avail.  I've been told
by our support account reps that the CD update option is not available to
them when they attempted to modify our agreements.

I finally gave up.

Lee Gunter          [log in to unmask]