HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Tom Thacker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Thacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 04:20:51 GMT
Therm-O-Link wrote:

> I just got my "What's UP, DOCumentation?" and it has a blurb about
> this being "your last chance to get the Qedit for Windows server
> upgrade with two free clients for US$500."  Since we have Qedit,
> I'm considering plunking down the 500 bucks(US) for the upgrade,
> but I'd like to know, "Is it worth it?"; that is, what will Qedit
> for Windows do for me?
>
> Perhaps it would be better to reply off-list, so as to conserve
> bandwidth.

I liked it but it would occasionally freak and trash the original text file. It
does require
a Network connection. The directory feature was a little clunky, and you have

re-learn control keys.You can open as many documents as you want at once with
the single connection, and it keeps open the input file all the time you're
editing it.