HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Bruce Senn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Senn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 14:23:04 -0400
Well, FWIW, and belatedly, we had a problem with slow transfers downloading
files to a Windows NT server.  By slow, I mean a factor of 10.  The
transfer was initiated from the NT box.  Turns out the network card had
been reconfigured to "full duplex" mode, but the system had not been
rebooted.  Rebooting the NT server fixed the problem.

Bruce.

At 04:21 PM 7/6/98 +0000, Joe Alexander wrote:
>We're getting some strange results using ftp to move (relatively small, <
>10M) files between HP3Ks and Wintel PCs (both directions). We can
>achieve very good transfer rates moving from the PC to the HP, but
>moving from the HP to the PC the transfer rate drops drastically (a file
>that uploads in 5 sec can take 5 min to download). The HPs and PCs are
>all on a single LAN. The PC-side ftp is part of MS TCP/IP-32. Has anyone
>seen something like this? I can provide more detail off-line. TIA for any
>"leads".
   Bruce J. Senn                             Phone:  (518) 388-6664
   Senior System Manager                     FAX:    (518) 388-6458
   Union College                   Internet:  [log in to unmask]
   Schenectady, NY 12308