HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Justin Altwies <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Justin Altwies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 13:25:04 -0400
I have recently set up a couple of printers via the "npconfig" method with
MPE/iX 5.5 support of network printing. Although it was very simple to setup
and is working quite well in some respects, I'm having trouble with reports
generated by COGNOS's QUIZ report writer.  These reports seem to ignore my
environment file referenced in "npconfig".
Before initiating network printing we used "ttcond.pub.sys" environment
settings in our QUIZ reports to print to printer ldev's. We also use
POWERHOUSE generated screens and can perform a "print screen" (that
recognizes the environment file in "npconfig") by using terminal emulator
function keys that point to the new networked printers. I've been careful to
stop and start the spooler with each change to "npconfig".  Any ideas?