HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 2

From:
Joe Geiser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 Jul 1998 20:22:22 -0400
Hello Marcel,

> I am using Minisoft WS92 Terminal Emulation on Windows 3.11.  I
> have an NT 4.0
> acting as the DHCP control.  My workstations is across a frame
> relay network
> from both the HP3000 and NT servers.  Every day about lunch time,
> my minisoft
> loses its connection to the HP and requires a new login. Is this problem
> related to  the lease expiration of the DHCP?

Indeed - if the lease expires on the IP address, and the timeout has been
reached on whether a packet has been received (meaning, it's been idle,
which will expire your DHCP lease), then could cause the grief you are
experiencing.

On you NT server, update your DHCP server lease time to at least one day or
longer.  There's really no need to make it shorter.  Once a user logs off or
shuts down, the lease will automatically expire prior to the policy
expiration.

Best Regards,
Joe