HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 1

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 18:24:44 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> Does anyone know if there is an escape sequence that could be used to
> identify the version of reflections that is being used to connect to our
> host?
> We'll be moving our HP3000, changing its IP address in the process, and are
> trying to identify users that maybe using older versions of Reflections and
> who may not be able to execute a generic script that will update their
> settings file with the new IP address.

If you don't get any satisfactory answers, I have a routine I can dig up (in
SPL - but readable) that polls a terminal when run and determines the model#
of the hp terminal and/or any of the following emulators:

 - Reflection 1 (Win or DOS)
 - MS 92
 - Business Session
 - Advancedlink

If I recall correctly, it'll also detect some DEC (VT) terminal types.

E-mail me at rcb at 3k dot com if you need it.

               -Chris Bartram

(sorry for hacked return address, but I *really* get creamed by SPAM...)