HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 1

From:
Ian Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 17:30:33 +1200
Can anyone help me.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of symbols that can
be linked into a static MPE 5.5 executable?

I am trying to link a large application on MPE 5.5.
I link this application and get the following error message,

***
HP Link Editor/iX (HP30315A.05.18) Copyright Hewlett-Packard Co 1986

LinkEd> link
from=pcsmenu.obj;rl=^pcsmenu.ls;to=pcsmenu.prg;cap=ph,ia,ba,pm,ds

OUT OF MEMORY  (LINKERR 2005)

LINK FAILED  (LINKERR 1116)
***

pcsmenu.ls is a file that contains a number of RL's.

(all objects are compiled with optimisation -O).
I can make the error go away by removing a couple of the RL's from the
link. It is not a fault of the RL's as there are about 80 other programs
in our suite, all of which link and run successfully.
The above program is by far the biggest in the suite.

Ian Collins.
KIWIPLAN NZ.