HP3000-L Archives

July 1998, Week 1

From:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Ericson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 15:41:02 -0700
Okay everyone, get out your Atmarian(tm) calendars, 'cause you're
gonna need 'em!  ;-)

Last December I asked the list members what they thought about my
doing a tutorial on UDCs and Command Files at this summer's HP World
conference, and received a lot of encouragement!  That tutorial is
now scheduled for Tuesday, August 4th at 10:30am and I'm really
looking forward to it!

I also asked if there were any vendors that would be willing to
provide a bunch of 3.5" diskettes and the time, etc. to copy some
sample UDCs and Command Files onto for distribution at the
conference, and someone suggested that I do a web page instead,
so I started working on it.

Now here's where you need those Atmarian(tm) calendars:

I originally estimated that I'd have the web page finished by
March (let's say March 1st), but according to the Gregorian calendar,
today is July 3rd.  HOWEVER, by the *Atmarian(tm)* calendar, today
is February 153rd (Wirt, would you please check that?), so it's
still before March 1!  ;-)

The samples page is still not finished, so this is a pre-beta
release, however I'd like to get as much feedback as possible on
the main page.  Please send me a note if your browser doesn't
display the page correctly, if you find a broken link, if there
are any typos, if I've misquoted *anyone*, or if you have something
you'd like to contribute!

Here's the address: http://www.denkor.com/hp3000/command_files

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support, especially
Jeff Vance, David Largent, Ken Robertson, Jack Ballie, Eugene Volokh,
Paul Gobes, and Pearl Pereira.  And thanks in advance for any tips,
suggestions, and contributions you may have for me!

   My mind is my own, as are my ideas and opinions.
   My heart, body, and soul, however, all belong to others.      Tim.
   Tim Ericson            tericson     DenKor Dental Management Corp.
   Sr. Programmer/Analyst   at denkor    503-526-4440 (direct number)
     (& Systems Manager)      dot com        http://www.denkor.com
   Programming HP3000s since 1983!