HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 5

From:
"Trudeau, James L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudeau, James L
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 06:54:15 -0600
Friedrich,

VT-MGR started dropping connections on us a couple of weeks
ago.  Turned out that although we had the same number of
users, the "desktop guys" had changed some hardware and
OS systems.  We were already short on memory (192MB on
a 987) so we doubled it.  The problem disappeared completly.

Denys, I think it was, suggested that the hardware/OS changes
would not cause the problem, that is sounded like a configuration
problem on the desktop.  I brought this up to the "desktop guys"
and got told, more or less, to go play with my 3k.  The matter
remains open, but you might take a look at whether you may
be running into a horsepower problem.  Good luck.

Jim (ain't got enough water to make dust) Trudeau