HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 4

From:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Korb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:11:19 -0400
At 6/22/98 09:23 AM , robert grimes wrote:
>IJ Company wrote:
>>
>>                               Name: winmail.dat
>>                  Part 1       Type: application/ms-tnef
>>                           Encoding: base64
>Ok!  How do I view these 'winmail.dat' files?  All I ever see is a
>little box that tells me nothing.  :(
>
>Also vcard.?  I think these are just an attatched card, or signiture
>block, but I don't know.  I'm on Netscape 3.01.
>--
>Robert P. Grimes                       Phone:  (254) 526-1148
>Programmer/Analyst                     Fax:    (254) 526-0817
>Central Texas College                  P. O. Box 1800
>[log in to unmask]                  Killeen, Texas 76540-0999

Same thing here.  No message text, just a winmail.dat file that I can't
read.

From memory I seem to remember the cause being the way some sites/users
have Microsoft mail (Outlook, etc.) configured.  And yes, there have been a
few messages showing up recently with a .vcf attachment which, like the
.dat files, I can't read.

For more information on the winmail.dat file problem, check the list archives.

John
John Korb                            email: [log in to unmask]
Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.