HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 4

From:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alan AMBERS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:29:00 -0400
Doug -

1) Are you using Openview DTC mgr?  If so, can that PC talk to the DTC?

2) On cisco routers, there is an easy way to show the bridging table.
If you can find a similar comand for your router you should see the MAC
(ethernet) address for the HP3000, the device that downloades the code
to the DTC (if different than the HP3000) and the DTC itself.

If you don't see all of these on both routers, then bridging is not
turned on sucessfully and that is your problem.

A few years ago, we had a problem with a bridge that did not learn the
address all that well.  To make things better, we ended up adding the
MAC addresses as static entries in the appropriate bridges.

Hope this helps.

/alan