HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 4

From:
"Trudeau, James L" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trudeau, James L
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:40:33 -0600
Howdy,

Well I went to my dissappointment came back and had a bundle
of mail.  The first couple didn't work so I sort of mixed and
matched the suggestions and came up with:

!JOB NEWPDL,PJTT.CONTRACT,A0250;OUTCLASS=LP,1
!RESET @
!PDL
CREATE DICTIONARY PDLMAC NOT PRELOADED
USE QSHOGEN
LOAD
EXIT
!EOJ

I also removed the CREATE DICTIONARY statement from the
QSHOGEN file.

I'm not sure if it was dropping the SAVE statement from the job
or moving the CREATE from the QSHOGEN file to the job or ??
What I am sure of is that I get really hostile when I read the
stinkin' manual to the letter, take the jobs & such right from
the book and it does not only not work but leaves me with
such an ambiguous error that I don't even know where to start.

I'm still left with the problem of only the database creator can
access the files, opens up the root but won't let you ACCESS
any sets, but at least I have a direction on that one.

To all many thanks.

Oh, yeah.........I've sure heard a lot about that password.  Sorry,
no fuzzy bear folks.  The job I posted was from the last time I
ran it OK, but that was yesterday.  Yesterday I ran across
some things going on which raised the hair on my neck.  Not
only is the password now different but the application no longer
lives there, nor is it named the same.

While I was out it finally rained!!!!  Just enough to spot up the
perfect dust layer I've built on the car over the months :-(  I did
hear on the news the Feds are going to declare Texas a
national emergency area.........watch out Florida we're right up
there with you.

Jim (lips are crackin' dry) Trudeau