HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 4

From:
Bruce Toback <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bruce Toback <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:52:02 -0700
I was looking up some information in my Motorola Fast Static Ram data
book and came across an interesting statement in an application note:

 Due to the increased complexity and sheer memory size requirements of
new
 and forthcoming operating systems (OS), graphical user interfaces (GUI)
 and application programs, the demand for ever-increasing performance
from
 the desktop machine continues. Next-generation machines require more and
 faster memory. Microsoft's Windows NT, for instance, will most likely
 need 12 to 16 MBytes of main memory.

The application note was about design techniques for burst cache
subsystems.

-- Bruce

Bruce Toback    Tel: (602) 996-8601| My candle burns at both ends;
OPT, Inc.            (800) 858-4507| It will not last the night;
11801 N. Tatum Blvd. Ste. 142      | But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
Phoenix AZ 85028                   | It gives a lovely light.
[log in to unmask]                   |     -- Edna St. Vincent Millay