HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 3

From:
"Newman, Kevin:" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Newman, Kevin:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 09:25:31 -0700
I have run across a problem and was wanting to see if others were having
the same problem and if anyone had come up with a work-around.  I spent
a little bit of time setting up a proof-of-concept web page for our site
to show that it is possible and fairly easy to get a web page setup and
running that would call programs that run in MPE from the POSIX side of
things.  The stdout from the MPE programs was actual output to the web
pages.  Since I was on 5.0 pp6, I didn't want to spend a lot of time
with this, so I put it on hold until I was able to go to 5.5 and use the
much faster Apache server. (instead if NCSA)

Well, I'm now on 5.5 pp4, I have Apache up and running, and it seems
that the way callci handles stdout from MPE programs, has changed.  All
of my scripts/programs are now broken!  I've been in contact with HP and
they were not able to re-create the problem.  I created a tape and have
sent it along to them to verify my problem.  I also spoke with a friend
inside HP and was told that there was a change to the way callci deals
with the file handles for stdout, stdin, etc.

Has anyone else run into this?  Does anyone out there have 5.5, Apache,
and CGI calls to MPE programs running?

Any replies will be appreciated, either privately or to the list.  I'm
just trying to figure out where things are going wrong.

Kevin Newman