HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 3

From:
Mark Undrill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Undrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:15:38 +0100
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Michel Jourdevant
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I would like to allow some users to logon on our HP 3000 via an ISDN line.
>Does somebody use this situation and does it work?
>The TA's will be probably 3COM Courier I-Modem, which allow to receive ISDN
>or PSTN call on an ISDN line.
>
>-----------------
>! PC with
>   -------                                      -------         ---------
>! Reflection !-----! TA !----------  ISDN  -------  ! TA !-------! DTC !
>!----------------!     !------!                                    !------!
>!--------!
>
>!
>
>!
>
>                 ----------------
>
>! HP 3000 !
>
>!--------------!
We do this and it works but we don't use TAs, instead we use a
bridge/router device. In principle what you describe ought to work. The
only thing I'm not sure about is connecting a TA to a DTC. You may need
a special cross over cable like the one required to connect a modem.
Maybe someone else on the list knows more about this.

This is our setup.

 ---------------
|               |
|     PC        |