HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 3

From:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 1998 19:28:48 -0700
Denys after Ashish:

> ... I would even propose that the flag be turned on by default.
> It never made sense to me that SQLGEN would create all the
> SQL calls to create the IMAGE tables which would then not
> be able to be created by IMAGESQL's ATTACH command.

Yup;  Denys is right;  flag should be ON by default....  In fact,
do we need a flag at all ??...;  i.e.:  is there any plausible real-
world situation where someone might want or need to set this
flag to OFF ??...   maybe there is and I'm just ignorant of it, but
if nobody else can think of a reason to need OFF either, then why
not just dispense with the flag altogether and hardwire it to ON...

...  Seems like this is even more clear-cut than the currently
missing option in IMAGESQL to NOT attach IMAGE AUTO
Masters;  in that case I think an argument can be made that the
flag should at least be settable, even if the default is to NOT attach
AUTO's....  of course this is still on the "to-do" enhancement list
for IMAGESQL, along with about nine other small-to-medium effort
items.....    sigh...

> Good stuff!

Yup

Ken Sletten