HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Larsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:01:43 -0500
FWIW, Lars recommended a couple of things for me to try on this problem,
and I just wanted everyone to know the results, in case you ever have a
similar situation with a much more important machine (like a production
one).

At the ISL> prompt I ran STAGEISL, instead of START, issued a "SET BASE"
command, and exited back into ISL, then did the START as usual.  It went
farther, and gave no errors -- until it expired on another SA1798.
Hmmm.

So then I tried the second option suggested, that being enter "SARTBASE"
at the ISL> prompt instead of START.  This worked.  (So where does one
find the docs on STAGEISL and STARTBASE?)

Now I'm gonna patch it by TAPE -- NOT stages.

(Which wouldn't have worked for me too well in production anyway since
I'm a Netbase customer, which blows the whole "let's do the patch
selection and prep work while users are logged on" idea -- but I wanted
to see how well this "Staging" concept works.  Ah well.)

Thanks!

Curtis