HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Phil Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil Anthony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:33:54 -0500
Based on our experiences, we are going to evaluate migrating away from
DAT drives (we are replacing two more tonight).  DLTs seem to be the
logical next step, but if someone has experience with other media, I
would appreciate hearing about that too.

We are replacing just too many DAT drives; a lot of the drives that do
work don't read tapes created on other drives; and with HP doubling
their after-hours rate from $900 to $1,800, we have to do something
different.

Phil Anthony
Director, System Resources
United Video Satellite Group