HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sletten Kenneth W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 12:10:15 -0700
Gavin wrote:

> I'm seeing more excitement about the 3000 and its future
> this year than there's been in the last 6-7 years.

Yup.

> HPWORLD this year is in San Diego the week of August
> 3rd I believe.

Including add-ons it goes from Sunday 2 Aug through 12:30
Friday 7 August, at the San Diego Convention Center (right
on the water;  nice place;  Interex conf. was there in 1991).
"Main conference" starts Tuesday morning 4 August.  See
www.interex.org  for all the details.  Don't miss Harry
Sterling's talk:  The HP 3000 and the *next* 25 years.    :-)

BTW, for anyone who hasn't made their plane reservations
yet:  United is the official carrier for HP World this year, and
offering some pretty good rates (at least on the west coast)...
BUT:  I first called to check on flights a couple weeks ago;
was quoted a round-trip airfare Seattle - San Diego of $166
and change.  I didn't get around to locking in my ticket before
I went to the mountains for 10 days;  el dummo move on my
part:  I just called United again this morning and the same
ticket is now up to $198 !!!...;  20 percent more...     :-((

Ken Sletten