HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 09:50:34 -0500
I just want to thank everyone who has sent private email to me, for all
your help with my network problem. I just got back from a three day week
end, and still have the network problem. I am much further down the
trouble-shooting path, thanks to the list.

So far the problem is this:

The NTSERVER requires TCP checksum.

All other machines on my network will optionally do TCP check summing.

My 928 does send a TCP checksum value, so it does connect successfully
to the NTSERVER.

My 969 does NOT send TCP checksum and therefore cannot connect to the
NTSERVER, however it does connect successfully to all other machines on
the network. Also the NTSERVER can connect to the 969, because when the
969 receives a checksum enabled connection, then it will begin sending
checksums as well.

Comparing the net config on both 928 & 969, they both have Checksum
Enabled = "N". I have no idea why the 928 is sending checksums. Maybe
one of the network applications running on the 928 is setting Checksum
Enable = "Y", and is good until the next re-boot. I just don't know.

Anyway, I am going to call HP on this one.

On a more positive note, <hehehe> I did get the spelling of my name
corrected, thanks.