HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 2

From:
Holger Wiemann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Holger Wiemann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 19:48:10 +0200
Hi Tony,

this sounds like a timing problem. I'm not sure the belonging
program of the DEVCTRL script really waits until the ldev is
AVAILABLE for the system, again.

Could you modify your job, so it looks like

:devctrl 7 enable disable online
:store fileset;*dat;show;progress=5;directory;maxtapebuf
:showdev 7
:devctrl 7 enable enable online
:showdev 7
:vstore *dat;fileset;show;progress=5;directory

and check out from the job listing that at these both points of
time the ldev is AVAILABLE?
If not, try to use a PAUSE commands at these places to ensure there
is no more system activity to that ldev BEFORE invoking the next
command in your job.

My two cents, 'hope this is any help, ;-)

Holger Wiemann
HP Response Center, Germany