HP3000-L Archives

June 1998, Week 1

From:
Jason Quigley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 21:37:11 +0200
You could telnet into your pop server on port 110 as follows (or something
similar):

telnet <pop.server.address> 110

You should get a message welcoming you to the server. You must then enter the
following commands:

USER <you user name>
PASS <your password>
LIST

The above command lists your messages. Identify the one you want to nuke then
type:

DELE <number to nuke>
QUIT

Telnet should then return you to the prompt. Try retrieving your mail again.
Now I hope that you are receiving list messages from another server or you
won't be able to read this! ;-)

Regards,
Jason.

Tony Furnivall violently bashed keys to produce...