HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 4

From:
Michael L Gueterman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask] El Paso, Texas 7993653_22May199812:34:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Sat, 23 May 1998 22:06:31 -0700
  I suggest implementing option #2, and then if your
user base of classic or pre 4.5 MPE/iX is great
enough, write a minimum feature set FTP server
for those systems.  As to checkpoint restarting,
there are several PC FTP clients which claim they
can pick back up where they left off in the case
of an interruption.  I've not researched how they
are actually doing it, but it sounds like there
might already be a way to do it without resorting
to a proprietary protocol.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
Allaire Alliance Partner
email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.editcorp.com
voice: (888) 858-EDIT -or- (509) 943-5108
fax:   (509) 946-1170