HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 4

From:
Andy Popay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 15:12:32 EDT
We currently use NBSPOOL, as an integral part of Netbase, supplied by Quest
Software, although it is available as a seperate package.

NBSPOOL is extremely flexible, although initial setting up does take some
time. However, we get out support for Netbase and NBspool by Orbit Software
and their expertise in our requirements was second to none.

I dont know whether there is an Orbit Software office near your location, if
not I beleive there are many other software houses who support
NBspool/Netbase.

As to your question regarding NPCONFIG (I presume this is the name of your
config file in NMMGR), we had to configure pseudo devices for each of the
formats for each physical printer, ie:
LJ###LC - landscape condensed
LJ###LX - Landscape eXtracondensed
LJ###LS - Landscape Standard
---------repeated for Portrait formats

We not only have printers setup serially, via DTC connections, but also via IP
connections locally on a LAN and in one office via a WAN. All of the
formatting of reports and printing to IP printers are controlled via NBspool,
without any problems.

I hope this information is beneficial to yourself.

Andrew Popay
ARC Central