HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 2

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 May 1998 09:49:34 -0700
I've cut all of the previous text of these horror stories, and while they
are perfect examples of how HP and Channel Partners should NOT conduct
business, I have to supply an opposing view.  We've had our share of
problems with HP and other suppliers over many years of partnership, and
we've had to do our share of yapping to the right people to have our
problems aired.  HP has always been willing to work with us to get these
issues solved, and our local office in Portland has done extraordinarily
well on problem-solving and follow-up.  Yes, we're not buying $$$ million
worth of equipment each year, so we don't get weekly or monthly calls from
a sales rep -- that's to be expected.  However, ours does call periodically
to see what's happening with our business and in what directions we might
be headed.  When we send requests for quotations to HP, our inside sales
rep gets the quotes out to us quickly and accurately, in most cases.  I
still have issues with HP over support contract administration, but those
are also being addressed.

<plug>
As for the Channel Partners, I've only dealt with one true CP, AFAIK, and
they were most effective in helping us fill a need when we rented a system
for our Y2K conversion project.  If you have problems finding a reliable
Channel Partner, I highly recommend that you call Open-Ended Systems
Corporation (formerly ConAM).  I would have no hesitation in dealing with
them, again.
</plug>

Lee Gunter
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon / Regence HMO Oregon

mailto:[log in to unmask]
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone