HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 2

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 16:25:55 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> I am new to this list. I have been with IBM mainframes for
> 20 years and am now responsible for an HP3000 (much different!).
>
> My first question is:
>
>         How do you specify an IP gateway for default route?
>
> We can't access the HP from a class C other than the one the
> HP is on, even though we have two local class C's.

Hi,

  In NMMGR, select open config, then NS, then unguided config, then
goto netxport, then goto NI, select your LAN interface from the list and
hit ENTER, select GOTO Internet, select your router (if already there -
if not, make up a name for it and hit Add); on the next screen you
provide the IP address of the router, and under "IP Network Address" select
"@" - IP MAsk (blank), Hops (any number). Hit SAVE DATA, home cursor and
type "utility" and hit enter, then select "validate" then "validate
netxport".
  You'll need to either stop/restart the network, or enter
:netcontrol update=internet;net=lan1
                                ^^^^use whatever your lan interface is called

to get the changes to take affect.

          -Chris Bartram