HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 2

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 11:32:52 -0700
On May 14, 12:44pm, John W Pickering wrote:
> LISTF FSS280.FSPE,8
> ********************
> FILE: FSS280.FSPE.NORBORD
> 1 Accessor(O:1,P:1,L:0,W:0,R:1),Share
> #S1320  USER.NORBORD               P:1,L:0,W:0,R:1      REM : 142.70.48.12
>
> What's the "P" in the list above? I can guess that the others are Open,
> Lock, Write and Read but the "P" eludes me.

The "P" indicates the number of processes accessing the file.  See jazz
for more details and examples

> And why is there no mention of these new listf modes in online help?

Yes this is a problem with our Express releases.  The reason we don't
update HELP text is suppossed to be due to localization concerns, yet
we update the error message catalog.  I personally don't agree with this
logic and maybe in the future we will be able to include updated HELP
text in express and powerpatch releases.  The HELP text is updated
in 6.0

Regards,
Jeff Vance, CSY