HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 2

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 13:09:54 -0700
Speaking of LaserRom, we got a letter in the mail today that explains
what is happening.

To summarize:

* Instant Information CD documentation product replacing LaserRom.

* Due to the transition there will be no March 1998 documentation CD.

* There will be no CD documentation release until 6.0.  In the interim,
  hardcopy manuals will be sent.

* From now on documentation CDs will be shipped in coordination with
  OS releases rather than quarterly.

* The first shipment of Instant Information will be with 6.0.  At that
  time you will get the 6.0 Instant Information CD along with a copy
  of the final LaserRom release (November 1997) as an archive CD.

This last point implies to me that many manuals might be dropped
in the transition from LaserRom to Instant Information.  This may
mean that you have to use two CDs and two completely different and
incompatible documentation reading programs to get to all of the
MPE documentation that you need :-(

G.