HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Berkowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 14:00:49 -0800
Jim Phillips writes:

>>> Therm-O-Link <[log in to unmask]> 04/27/98
08:50am >>>
Well, here I am again with another question for all you gentle
listers.

This time, I am trying to get a screen dump of a user's session
which is running a character-based program from within a Vplus
application.  The character-based program is run by using
CREATE and ACTIVATE intrinsics.  The main program in the Vplus
application closes the terminal (VCLOSETERM) prior to activating
the character-based program, and re-opens the terminal (VOPENTERM)
after the character-based program terminates (actually suspends).

Anyway, when I try programmatically RUNning the PSCREEN program
(using HPCICOMMAND) I get:

***new PSCREEN by Stan Sieler v90B    MON, APR 27, 1998, 12:43 PM

pscreen error # 13 ...
   Terminal did not respond to HP2xxx status request.
Try running PSCREEN with PARM=4 to disable HP2xxx terminal check.

and then the session hangs.  So, I tried RUNning PSCREEN with
the PARM=4 option as indicated, and it *tries* to read the
screen data (at least the cursor is homed in preparation for
the data read), but then the session hangs in a terminal read
wait.

Any ideas (other than coding my own PSCREEN in the character-based
program)?
< plug alert >

If you had the pop-up window package, Infowin/iX, from Silton
Information Systems (213) 846-9824, you could easily print the contents
of your screen, including the function keys to the printer of your choice
with the following code.  All without calling or createprocessing another
program.

MOVE "PRINT" TO IPW-PROCESS.
MOVE COMAREA TO IPW-COMAREA.
MOVE TERMNAME TO IPW-TERMNAME.
PERFORM INFO-CALL-WINDOW.

Printing screens is just one of the many features of Infowin, including
pop-up windows with data selected from your data, fixed text window,
radio buttons and messaging facility.  Infowin works with COBOL,
Transact, RPG, Pascal, Fortran and Business Basic.

</end plug>

Mike Berkowitz
Co-developer of Infowin