HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Patrick Muylaert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Muylaert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 09:48:17 +0100
We have an application that needs to write to several thermal printers
in the network. These printers are Epson TM-T85P printers and they are
connected to the network via a JetDirect EX Plus interface. I would like
to use 5.5 network printing in stead of using products like NBSpool from
NetBase or those from Minisoft, but this printer is not PCL-based of
course.

Printing pure text is no problem. However we uploaded a file prepared
(containing a logo) in Word (created with the drivers for this printer).
When printing this file from DOS, it comes out OK, but from the HP it
prints a "scrambled" logo. I wonder if this is a speed issue or just
because the printer is not PCL-based.

Should anyone have a suggestion or could tell me that what I am trying
to do is impossible, it would be highly appreciated.

TIA.

Pat.

Patrick Muylaert
Virgin Express
Information Systems

Homepage: HTTP://www.virgin-express.com

New:
takeFLIGHT Online! Virgin Express' new, easy-to-use service allows you
to check for flight availability and make reservations across the
Internet.
Check our Homepage: HTTP://www.virgin-express.com, click on
'reservation'.