HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neil Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 22:20:46 -0600
The reason for this error is that when you upgrade you install new
compiler command files. The solution to this as Paul indicated (thanks Paul
:))
is to re-install the NM compiler interfaces which is done in two jobs:

1) stream savecmdf.qeditjob.robelle
    - this job saves the original compiler command files, you should wait for
this
      first job to finish before streaming the next job which is:

2) stream qcompxl.qeditjob.robelle
    - which makes some changes to the compiler command files in pub.sys.

Previously, when this situation occurred, the error message was :

    illegal character in column 7.

Hp has kindly improved the error message recently.

I remember in my early pre-Robelle days as a young wet behind the ears
system manager, I always documented the "post" update jobs that needed to be
run under the name postupdt.doc, it was a good habit to get into and I didn't
have
programmers trying to lynch me the next day. :)

Neil Armstrong
Product Manager
Robelle Consulting Ltd.