HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 11:11:31 +0200
CHRISTIAN LHEUREUX@MOULINEX
04/05/98 11:11

[log in to unmask] wrote :

>>Jeff:

>>Would this make it easier or more difficult to implement (at a later
time) the CI >>variable enhancements that are presently on hold?  If the
answer is "easier" or "no >>difference" then I'd go ahead with your
proposed changes. If the answer is "more >>difficult" then I'd hold off.

Sorry to ask a newbie question, but ... which CI enhancements, please ?

Christian "got a momentary lapse in memory, sorry" Lheureux

[log in to unmask] on 01/05/98 21:28:39

Veuillez répondre à [log in to unmask]

Pour :    [log in to unmask]
cc :   (ccc : CHRISTIAN LHEUREUX/MOULINEX/FR)
Objet :   Re: SHOWVAR enhancement

At 02:01 PM 1998/05/01 -0700, Jeff Vance wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I was looking into enhancing SHOWVAR to accept a JOB= parameter that
>would show variables for another job or session if you had SM capability.
>
>I discovered that it is pretty easy to get the user-defined variables for
>another job/session.  It is also pretty easy to get the predefined
>variables whose values reside in the variable table for another
job/session. >These include HPPROMPT, HPPATH, CIERROR, JCW, etc.  These are
predefined vars >that you can modify.

>It is difficult to get predefined variables of another job/session that
>are implemented as active functions.  These are vars that you cannot
modify, >like: HPACCOUNT, HPUSER, HPJOBNUM, HPUSERCAPF, HPYYYY,
HPSTREAMEDBY, >HPPIN, etc.

>It is also difficult to get predefined variables of another job/session
that >are local to the CI.  These vars can be modified but are not stored
in the >job wide variable table. They include: HPCMDTRACE, HPREDOSIZE,
HPMSGFENCE and >a few more.

>Any thoughts??
>
>regards,
>Jeff Vance, CSY

Jeff:

Would this make it easier or more difficult to implement (at a later time)
the CI variable enhancements that are presently on hold?  If the answer is
"easier" or "no difference" then I'd go ahead with your proposed changes.
If the answer is "more difficult" then I'd hold off.

John
John Korb                            email: [log in to unmask]
Innovative Software Solutions, Inc.

The thoughts, comments, and opinions expressed herein are mine
and do not reflect those of my employer(s), or anyone else.