HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
"David A. Warner" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David A. Warner
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 13:55:16 -0700
*** Retransmission ***

Nous avons eu un problème de réception de votre courrier électronique

Nous vous le transmettons à nouveau

Merci

Michael,

Yes! If I understand your question.

If you have worked with TTUTIL, you can embed the PCL escape commands into a custom
TTYPE environment file. I have created custom environments for customers that
wanted to have a simple change to the LaserJet environments without having to use
Fantasia or JetForm Merge.

Roughly, run TTUTIL while logged on as a user who has OP and PM capability. Create
a new TTYPE environment file and a new VFC file. In the area where you can
customize the VFC file, you can embed PCL escape commands to set up a simple
LaserJet environment. Unfortunately, you will not have a lot of room to enter
characters (3 lines of about 75 bytes). Specify this new environment with a file
equation and let your application do a fopen on the file equation. The PCL codes
are sent to the LaserJet first, at the time of printing, and held in the LaserJet
memory until it receives an escape E (or when the fclose of the spoolfile is
performed by the spooler, depends on your configuration or until the LaserJet is
power cycled). When you want to send a page break by using CCTL, the TTYPE
environment will not care where the form feed occurs. Code your application as you
would any standard line printer report.

Hope this sheds some light on the subject!

David

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Is there an easy way of printing to the laserjet printers and controlling the
> number of the line per page too?
>
> In another word I want cctls control the page breaks.
>
> I have tried the followings with no success.
>
> 1- qedit:
>    /lq $lp $pcl 4 all
>
>   qedit prints in portrait-tiny mode but the number of lines per page is 80 and
>   I need to have it controlled by file's cctls.
>
> 2- I have used different env files and had the similar results.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Michael

David A. Warner, Partner          mailto:[log in to unmask]
Warner Electronic Systems Team      http://www.westbase.com/(Under Construction)
P.O. Box 15269                     Voice: 707-528-9378
Santa Rosa, CA  95402-7269 USA       Fax: 707-528-9408
Independent Hardware and Software VAR/ISV/Consultants
HP3000 Systems, Network, and Application Consultants
HP LaserJet/PCL Print Solutions

"Let us not look back to the past with anger,
 nor towards the future with fear,
 but look around with awareness."

-- James Thurber