HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:10:08 +0000
Sorry to waste list bandwidth but my direct reply bounced...

Date:          Thu, 7 May 1998 12:32:37 +0100
To:            Jacek Piskorz <[log in to unmask]>
From:          Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:       Re: files and users

At 18:18 06.05.1998 GMT, you wrote:
>I need help how to get information which users work with which files.

There are two ways that come to my mind...

a) If you have Glance/iX you can use the "U" command to find users of
   an open file (gives you process and session info) or you can select
   a process (PIN) and in the Process Detail screen there is a function
   key to show open files (with a number of details, like access mode,
   current record pointer and so on).

b) If you are on MPE/iX 5.5 and have a fairly recent patch level then
   you can use LISTFILE ,8 or ,9 to display access and/or locking info
   with several levels of detail.

Glance/iX is an add-on product (not part of the FOS -ahem- Fundamental
Operating System). There is a 60-day (or 90-day?) trial version on every
system. Print the file GLREADME.PUB.SYS for details how to "unpack".

I don't know the patch name for (b) for sure, but it was part of either
Express 3 or Express 4 Release for MPE/iX 5.5 and the LISTFILE options
are documented in the respective Communicator/3000 articles. Maybe also
available on Jazz (http://jazz.external.hp.com). The patch ID _might_
be MPEKX76A, but you might want to check your Response Center (or the
Electronic Support Center at http://europe-support.external.hp.com) to
make sure.

Regards, Lars Appel