HP3000-L Archives

May 1998, Week 1

From:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Gunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 14:38:59 -0700
Hi, Barry,

If you want to manage the remote DTC from your current location, you'll
need to set it up via a bridged connection, but a T1 link should suffice
for the few users you're contemplating.  We used a bridged 56K link to
provide access for 100+ users on four remote DTC's for a couple of years
until the corporation cut over to a T3 for all voice/data service.  The
amount of traffic depends upon how busy the remote users are -- i.e., do
they do heads-down flat-out data entry or are they casual inquiry only or a
mix of these?   Also, is your T1 used for other services?

There are ways of implementing a routed DTC connection, but I've never had
to get into that.  Perhaps, others on the list have some insights.

Lee Gunter
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oregon / Regence HMO Oregon

mailto:[log in to unmask]
voice...503-375-4498     fax.....503-375-4401
The opinions expressed, here, are mine and mine alone, and do not
necessarily reflect those of my employer.