HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 5

From:
"Genute, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Genute, Thomas
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 1998 11:07:10 -0400
In NMMGR you can also increase the outbound buffer size but I don't
think that becomes an issue until 5.5 pp4.  However, the problem could
be due to a LAN problem, congestion, faulty connection, etc.  I assume
that you are using the MIO 10-base2 connection on the 3k for your LAN
connections.  How is that connected, e.g., transceiver to hub?  The
problem can be caused by any component along the path.  What other
traffic is using the interface, DTCs, printers?  Are you sending
humungus files to the printer over this connection or transferring
files between 3ks with DSCOPY, NBSPOOL, UNISPOOL or SPOOLMATE?  Are
your applications enabled for VPLUS forms caching.  If so, configure
R1 as a 70094 rather than the default 70092 type terminal.   We've
recently had to add a 100-baseT card to our 997 (in addition to the
10-base2 and token-ring) and install switching hubs to alleviate our
LAN problems.  We consistently have over 1100 NSVT sessions pounding
away plus another 500-1000 TCP socket connections.  However we have
the advantage of  a great technical staff with LANALYZER & SNIFFER
type equipment able to identify & nail down potential and existing
problems.