HP3000-L Archives

April 1998, Week 5

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 09:58:36 -0700
I was told by a trusted source outside HP that HP sent letters to "some"
customers in February advising them that Oracle 8 would not be made
available on the HP3000. I have not seen one of these letters nor have I
talked directly to anyone who has received such a letter. I tried to get
confirmation/denial from HP at IPROF, but was unsuccessful - my card was
supposedly passed on to the appropriate individuals at HP for a
response. Since that was over 6 weeks ago and I have received no
response, I will try again through other channels to get a yea or nay.
If I get anything concrete, I will report to the list.

John Burke